Hello! I am Jordan Makant. I am an artist, volunteer, and human being currently based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I graduated from Lenoir-Rhyne University with a BA in History in December 2017. I have worked as a fry cook, stage technician, actor, tour guide, assistant editor, copywriter, co-founder and technical director, and I am now a part of the national service movement. My debut chapbook of poetry, Impossible Angles, was published by Main Street Rag on Sepetember 5th, 2017, and is available for purchase here. I am a cofounder of the Hickory Playground, a nonprofit theatre company dedicated to raising awareness and financial support for the arts throughout the greater Hickory, North Carolina community. I was Technical Director from the beginning until I moved north to serve in the city of Milwaukee in July 2018. If you have any questions – or if you would like to hire me for copywriting, editing, or other such writing work – please feel free to contact me!
It should be noted that I am by no means a professional poet/writer, and I am by no means an experienced one. I do have every intention of continuing to write for the rest of my life, but publication matters less to me than figuring out how to make a genuine positive change in the world. When I get to do that through the means of publishing art, I am incredibly, remarkably lucky.
- Impossible Angles. Main Street Rag. September 5, 2017.
- “Icarus” in Kakalak 2017. December 2017.
- “Running Girl” in The Ekphrastic Review. May 2017.
- Four Poems in Wild Goose Poetry Review as part of the ‘Featured Editor’ series. April 2017.
- “Greener Grass” in the Winston-Salem Writers’ Poetry in Plain Sight.
- “Thought Twice; It’s Not Alright” in The Main Street Rag. January 2017.
- “Irish Girl” in Rat’s Ass Review. September 2016.